Alternative Weapon Position
A more realistic view of DOOM Eternal’s weapons.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This mod requires Developer Mode to be enabled. Alternatively, you can get Eternal Patcher here:
– Much like its DOOM 2016 Predecessor, this mod allows you to switch between the Normal DOOM Weapon Position and an Alternate Weapon Position. In the AWP, most weapons will now be tucked tightly into your shoulder, rather than loosely hanging to the right in a hip-fire state.
– 2 Versions. One tilts your weapon to the left slightly, and the other doesn’t.
– Place AWP_On.txt and AWP_Off.txt in your DOOMEternal/base folder.
– Once in game, open the console with the tilda (`) key and enter “exec AWP_On.txt”.
– Press ] to switch between NWP and AWP.
– In regard to the Tilt Presets only: Because of the default way the weapons of DOOM Eternal are positioned, parts of them will most likely cut off when they touch the area around the player’s face. There is no way to fix this without breaking the immersion of this mod.