Beefier Combat Shotgun and Chaingun
Simple sound replacements that seek to make the Combat Shotgun and Chaingun much more fun to use and listen to.
After replacing the Heavy Cannon’s sound effects, I decided to have a go at the other two weapons that I think sound rather underwhelming: the Combat Shotgun and the Chaingun.
Full design process story can be found in the articles tab and on YouTube! TLDR, the Combat Shotgun sounded too weak and I like the Chaingun’s lore, so I changed them to sound beefier.
1) Download EternalModInjector.zip archive from http://www.doometernalmods.com/how-to-install-doom-eternal-mods/, and extract its contents to your DOOM Eternal installation’s root directory, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DOOMEternal\.
These are all the files you should end up with.
2) Download Beefier_CSG_SFX and/or any of the Chaingun SFX replacements (not more than one at the same time!) and simply place it in your /DOOMEternal/Mods/ folder. Do not extract the zip folder into the mod folder.
3) Run EternalModInjector.bat. The mod should now work!
Removal Instructions (Windows & Steam)
1) Remove Beefier_CSG_SFX and/or any of the Chaingun SFX replacements from your /DOOMEternal/Mods/ folder.
2) Run EternalModInjector.bat again.
3) The mod should now be removed!