HUD Low health De-Crapifier
What This Mod Does: Removes the overbearing red tint the screen gets when at low health.
Why: You can’t see anything when at low health lol.
Install Instructions (Also tells you how to install and use the Mod Loader, useful for other mods too):
1. Download the Mod you want and the following files (not included in the download by authors’ requests)
– – Note: These files were provided on the Doom Eternal/2016 modding discord (linked a the top of the description). They are located under the #eternal-tools tab.
3. Extract them if needed
4. Navigate to your Doom Eternal install folder
5. Make a backup of DOOMEternalx64vk.exe
6. Move the DOOMEternalx64vk.exe that you extracted into your install folder, and replace the DOOMEternalx64vk.exe that is already there
7. Along with that, move the DEternal_loadMods.exe and EternalModInjector.bat files, and the “Mod” folder you extracted to the install folder (the same place DOOMEternalx64vk.exe is)
8. Go into the “base” folder located in the install folder
9. Move the idRehash.exe into the “base” folder
10. Go back to the install folder (the same place DOOMEternalx64vk.exe is)
11. Whenever you want to play, make sure you already have Steam running. Double click on EternalModInjector.bat. You will see a command window popup and it will load the files. Do not touch it. After that, it will close automatically and the game will start a few seconds later with the mods working!
– – Note: You only need to do this once whenever you install a new mod. After that, you can launch the game normally through Steam.
12. For any future mods you might download (from the modding discord for example) that are mod loader compatible, place them inside of the “Mods” folder. They should follow the same folder structure.