What This Mod Does: Increases the duration and amount of particle effects for all player weapons and several explosion effects while also increasing the light radius of all player weapon lights to make them feel more dynamic/interactive with the environment.
For this mod, I highly recommend disabling the in-game anti-aliasing as it greatly reduces the quality of particles and translucent effects like fire, smoke, etc by adding large amounts of ghosting and blurriness.
Install Instructions (Also tells you how to install and use the Mod Loader, useful for other mods too):
0. Add the following commands to your Steam launch options (they only work through the Steam launch options, they will not work through the normal .cfg method listed on my other mod): +r_particleMaxParticleLights 5000 +r_gpuParticleMaxRenderedIndices 20000 +r_gpuParticleMaxStageInstances 20000 +r_gpuParticleMaxStageInstances_Lean 5000 +r_particleMaxParticleLights 5000
– – Note: Here is a very simple guide on how to set Steam launch options:
1. Download the Mod you want and the following files (not included in the download by authors’ requests)
– – Note: These files were provided on the Doom Eternal/2016 modding discord (linked a the top of the description). They are located under the #eternal-tools tab.
3. Extract them if needed
4. Navigate to your Doom Eternal install folder
5. Make a backup of DOOMEternalx64vk.exe
6. Move the DOOMEternalx64vk.exe that you extracted into your install folder, and replace the DOOMEternalx64vk.exe that is already there
7. Along with that, move the DEternal_loadMods.exe and EternalModInjector.bat files, and the “Mod” folder you extracted to the install folder (the same place DOOMEternalx64vk.exe is)
8. Go into the “base” folder located in the install folder
9. Move the idRehash.exe into the “base” folder
10. Go back to the install folder (the same place DOOMEternalx64vk.exe is)
11. Whenever you want to play, make sure you already have Steam running. Double click on EternalModInjector.bat. You will see a command window popup and it will load the files. Do not touch it. After that, it will close automatically and the game will start a few seconds later with the mods working!
– – Note: You only need to do this once whenever you install a new mod. After that, you can launch the game normally through Steam.
12. For any future mods you might download (from the modding discord for example) that are mod loader compatible, place them inside of the “Mods” folder. They should follow the same folder structure.